Catherine Groll is known for her relentless advocacy and excellent trial results. She believes the legal process is the best mechanism for resolving disputes and that mutual respect and civility are important aspects of any case.
Catherine specializes in mass tort, class action and catastrophic injury cases. She believes that the client should be fully involved as a partner in the legal process, as a means of reclaiming some power and control, and finding a way to heal. Catherine has practiced law for over 30 years and is considered a fierce and well-prepared opponent as evidenced by her many courtroom successes.
Catherine primarily focuses on cases with serious injuries and commercial, corporate, or governmental liability.
- Obtaining a seven figure jury verdict representing a renowned surgeon who was severely injured and lost the use of his hands through the negligence of a hospital setting where he had privileges.
- Trying 70 + cases to successful verdict against major corporations such as Meijer, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Cedar Point whose negligence led to serious personal injuries of their customers.
- Serving six years as In house counsel and legal advisor for major Michigan Insurance carrier regarding auto negligence and no fault matters.
- Negotiating multiple seven figure settlements on medical malpractice, wrongful death matters and catastrophic disfiguring injuries .
- Serving as an adjunct law professor for fifteen years, developed and taught the first tort law class and drafted the tort textbook at the Royal University of Law and Economics in Cambodia.
Catherine is an avid hiker and a global citizen. She likes to combine volunteering and vacations while traveling around the world. She loves to spend time in her garden and enjoys working on home improvement projects. She is always looking for the next great road trip adventure.
- Attorney Grievance Commission Hearing Panel
- Fellow of the Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Ingham County Bar Foundation
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor at Western Thomas M. Cooley Law School- Lawyering Before Trial, Health Law, Police Liability, Forensic Medicine, Consumer Law
- Visiting Professor of Torts and Negligence at the Royal University of Law and Economics – Phonm Penh, Cambodia
- Visiting Professor of Judicial Ethics and Rules of Evidence at the Royal Academy of Judicial Professions, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Habitat for Humanity Global Builds- Tanzania, Nepal
- St. Vincent De Paul Afghan Refugee Project
- Mother Teresa Home- New Delhi, India
- Western Thomas M. Cooley Law School,
Juris Doctor, 1992
- New Mexico State University,
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, 1986
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Supreme Court
- US District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court Western District of Michigan
- Auto Negligence
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Michigan No Fault
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Death